The Storm are Hiring!
The Grande Prairie Storm Jr. A Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of
Certified Athletic Therapist CAT (C) for the upcoming 2018-19 Season based out of
Grande Prairie, AB
Responsibilities / Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
– Responsible for the care and attention of players, injuries, and taping
requirements. Is expected to provide an injury report/update to the coaching
staff so they are fully aware of player’s injuries on a daily basis.
– Responsible to give the players any medical treatment they may need prior to,
during, or after practices/games.
– Has an Emergency Action Plan in place for any major injuries. Provide this to
the opposing team, and post in dressing room as a reference sheet.
– Responsible to introduce the players to off ice warm-ups & cool downs.
– Organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact
information, and allergies.
– Keep a log book in trainer’s room and update accordingly with any injuries,
doctor/physio appointments set up by the team.
– Keep training room organized and clean at all times.
– Assist with organization and execution of the Storm Spring, Summer, and
– Assist with when needed skate sharpening, and equipment care / minor fixes
throughout the season.
– Assist with when needed ordering necessary equipment in the off-season
dependent on inventory (helmets, visors, gloves, pants, sticks) and providing
the Head Coach with a budget.
– Assist with when needed ensuring player stalls are kept clean and tidy, and
they are abiding by team rules/regulations.
– Expected to attend all practices, home games, road trips for away games.
– Following Practice and Game Day Routines.
– Previous hockey experience preferred
Job Start Date: Immediate.
Closing date: Remain open until filled.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Contract